[RSS] Urgent holiday warning after reality TV star left ‘practically paralysed’ while on dream Caribbean trip

RSS
Bots
Bots
First Name: RSS FeedBot
Canada

[RSS] Urgent holiday warning after reality TV star left ‘practically paralysed’ while on dream Caribbean trip

Post by RSS »

A FORMER Bachelor star was left terrified and “practically paralysed” after allegedly being drugged in the Caribbean. Monique Morley, 30, has issued an urgent warning to holidaymakers of the dangers of leaving your drink unattended at a bar – even for a few seconds. ImageInstagram - @moniques.worldMonique Morley has told of her horror ordeal at a resort in the Caribbean last weekend[/caption] ImageThe jet-setting model claims her drink was spiked and she felt ‘practically paralysed’Instagram - @moniques.world ImageThe reality star has recovered but wants to warn others to be careful in barsInstagram - @moniques.world The influencer, who featured on the Aussie Bachelor in 2019, opened up about her nightmare ordeal in a resort last weekend that left her fearing for her life. She told Yahoo!Lifestyle: “I’m with a girlfriend in the Caribbean and we went out for drinks in a local bar at lunchtime.” Morley explains the bar was practically empty, except for one man who moved past them for just a “second”. “My drink had only just been served and when I turned back to drink it, I started to feel really weird – mostly in my legs. I asked my girlfriend if she felt the same and she said no.” She immediately began to fear her drink had been spiked and realised the only culprit could be the man who passed them over. “The drink was only left unattended for five seconds,” Morley said. The reality star recalled how she felt quickly felt dizzy and tried to head home, but instead started throwing up and lost feeling in her legs. By the time she finally got home, she felt “practically paralysed and was violently sick for hours”. Now, the 30-year-old wants to tell others of her experience ahead of their summer holidays, stating that she was lucky to have escaped the dangerous situation. “Please can everyone be so so careful when out, especially when travelling and overseas,” she warned. Before her trip to the Caribbean, the Miami-based model had been busy posting about the “beauty” of travelling. She told her 52k followers: “Feeling blessed beyond words to have met so many wonderful and inspiring people through work and travel. “Travelling is something I’m very fortunate to have done a lot of”. In her most recent post following the suspected spiking, the blonde beauty posed in a bikini, showing she had recovered. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice #shesback #caribbean,” she wrote. Her fans rushed to offer their support to the brave influencer. One wrote: “Hey gorgeous! Are you fully recovered now?” “Healthier & happier by the sea,” said another. A third offered: “Self loving, it’s amazing how strong we are if we believe in ourselves.” It comes as other tourists have been urgently warned about waves of rare venomous 10ft-long jellyfish washing up on beaches in Ibiza. The boozy Spanish holiday hotpot has seen them lurking onshore and travellers have been told to stay well clear as their sting could leave you in pain for weeks. Meanwhile across the pond, holidaymakers have been told to watch out for toxic seaweed covered in flesh-eating bacteria. The thick brown algae – known as Sargassum – has been blanketing shorelines in South Florida and scientists believe it is infested with hazardous pathogens. ImageThe blonde bombshell wants to remind other travellers to stay alert and look after their drinks when out and about abroadInstagram - @moniques.world

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/22555850/ ... bean-trip/

Return to “United Kingdom”