[RSS] I got £40,000 dropped into my bank account by mistake and I got to KEEP IT – here’s what I spent it on

RSS
Bots
Bots
First Name: RSS FeedBot
Canada

[RSS] I got £40,000 dropped into my bank account by mistake and I got to KEEP IT – here’s what I spent it on

Post by RSS »

A TIKTOKER has claimed that nearly £40,000 was accidentally wired into her bank account – and that she was able to keep ALL of the cash. Aprille Franks, a life and business coach from Las Vegas, says she was able to buy a house and a car “legally” with the money when the bank failed to follow its own policy on transaction errors. ImageLife and business coach Aprille Franks says nearly £40,000 was wired to her bank account by mistakeTiktok - @epicaprille@epicaprille ImageShe claims she was able to keep the money fair and square after the bank failed to follow up on their errorTiktok - @epicaprille@epicaprille Sharing the astonishing story with her thousands of Tiktok followers, Aprille explained that roughly 20 years ago she received a letter to say that £39,905($50,000) had been wired to her bank account. Knowing that there must have been a mistake, she contacted friends and family to find out if the cash had come from them. When no one admitted to sending the large sum of money Aprille says she called the bank straight away to report the error. However, the mystery deepened when she claims the bank refused to admit that the cash had been sent to the wrong account informing her that the transaction was legitimate. Stunned Aprille says she sought legal advice after having no idea what to do with her newfound wealth. Speaking on Tiktok she said: “I went and I saw a lawyer, cause I was like what am I supposed to do with this money? What are my rights? What is the law? “And a lawyer told me exactly to do this. He said, “Report it again, document everything and don’t touch any of the money for 30 days”. He also told Aprille to make a public post so that anyone who thought the money could be theirs could come forward and make a claim. She added: “He said if they don’t claim it, it’s yours.” The life coach says that’s exactly what happened but many of her followers had questions about how she managed to keep hold of the money. She published several follow-up videos explaining what she did with the cash. She said: “In short I spent it but here’s what I bought. “I bought a house, I bought a second house that we flipped and made $22,000 dollars, me and the guy that I was dating at the time. “I bought a car and we lived on it and I lived off that money, I was working full-time…making like $31,000 a year…it took me about a year and a half to spend all the money.” Followers were quick to question how she had gotten away with keeping the money that was never meant for her account. One commented: “You must be slow to think you can convince me that you didn’t break the law. You knew the money wasn’t yours and kept it. “That’s stealing. YOU got lucky.” In a video response, Aprille claims she tried everything possible to return the money and that the bank had failed to conduct an investigation in the correct time frame. Speaking to her army of Tiktok followers, she said: “I tried to give the money back what part of that did you not hear? “I called the bank when I got it and said this is not my money, they said yes it is and I said no it’s not.” She says she questioned the bank over their policy when it comes to reporting transaction errors to which they replied that they had ten days to investigate. She says no criminal or civil charges were ever brought against her because the bank failed to launch a probe in the days that followed. “DIDN’T HAVE ANY GROUNDS” Aprille claims she also received a call from a lawyer months later asking for the cash back on the bank’s behalf. She allegedly told the lawyer she was within her right to keep the hoard of cash because she had reported the error and the bank had failed to follow its own policy. She added: “They didn’t have any grounds.” “So after 30 days, I started spending the money cause then after 30 days the money belonged to me. “That’s why they had no grounds. Then when they called me, the reason that they didn’t send the police was because it wasn’t a criminal act, then they wanted to make it a civil situation because they f**ked up.” Aprille claims to have also kept all of the letters, recorded phone calls and conversations that prove she attempted to hand the cash back. She said: “It was just amateur hour at the bank like whoever was handling that didn’t handle it.” She adds: “I didn’t break the law and yeah I did get lucky. Good for me. That’s how my life has been. Pretty f**king lucky”. The Sun has reached out to Aprille Franks for comment after she kept hold of the cash. Recipients of erroneous bank deposits are not entitled to keep the money. In most circumstances, the bank in question will spot the error and reverse the transaction automatically. Anyone who spends the money is likely to be hit with criminal charges. A dad also had the surprise of his life when he opened his bank account to find he had been paid almost £ 50billion. Darren James was stunned when he saw the nine-zero figure had appeared after receiving a frantic call from his wife. The dad-of-two, from Louisiana in the US, saw on his banking app there was a staggering deposit of $50billion (£43.4billion). And the banking blunder would have made him one of the richest men in the world. His lucky break saw him briefly worth more than ten times than Virgin boss Richard Branson and seven times wealthier than James Dyson. Darren however fessed up to what happened and arranged to give the money back. ImageTiktok - @epicaprille@epicaprilleAprille shared several follow up videos explaining what she did with the cash[/caption]

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/22559364/ ... e-keep-it/

Return to “United Kingdom”